Any translations of these terms and conditions serve only for understandability and are not legally binding. The only legally binding terms and conditions are the following ones written in English.
- Terms in French
- Terms in German
- Terms in Italian
- Terms in Portugese
- Terms in Russian
- Terms in Spanish
You will be asked to provide personal data on our website. These will be stored and processed, as required for the purposes of the competition.
Shure Europe GmbH assures that your information will be kept confidential in accordance with data protection regulations, participant data will be stored on jotform.com and Google Drive for entry-processing purposes and will not be shared with any 3rd parties apart from Shure, its subsidiaries or distributors. Public entry information will be stored in WordPress where the competition is hold. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Competition Terms & Conditions
Participation in the online competition based on the website http://www.shure-vocal-mastery.eu and their implementation are in accordance with the following provisions.
- Shure calls Vocalists to participate in a contest.
- Participants will be asked to provide one picture, a short description, and one song.
- The competition will be executed on
Submitted Song, Image & Usage Rights
- The entrants represent and warrant that the song is the entrant’s original work. In addition the entrant represents and warrants that the song shall not contain any so called samples and/or other copyright material owned by a third party.
- All entrants declare that the songs uploaded are not subject to rights of licensors, management companies (e.g. GEMA – German society for musical performing and mechanical reproduction rights) or other third-parties.
- The entrants agree that Shure will forward their contact information in any case of copyright infringement to the infringed party.
- No song and picture submitted as part of this competition, regardless of age, should contain sounds or words that could be offensive to the reasonable person on grounds that it discriminates against or is discriminatory to any person or group (whether on grounds of sex, race, religion or other).
- Entrants retain right over the submitted pieces of music and picture. Shure warrants not using the recording beyond the necessary in connection with the competition.
- The participants grant unlimited right of use (no download) of the submitted materials to Shure on Shure websites or social media sites used by SHURE.
- By entering and submitting a song and a picture, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all of these general rules, the terms and conditions that govern the competition.
Campaign Mechanism and Prize
- The winners will be selected as follows:
- Entries will be accepted until December 22nd, 2015, 2:00pm Central European Time (CET).
- Participants have time until January 7th, 2015, 2:00pm to collect plays and likes on Soundcloud. The Vocalist must obtain at least 300 plays on SoundCloud to qualify.
- From this pool of qualified entries Shure chooses a pre-selection of 20 participants. This shortlist will be published on January 11th, 2016 in the Vocal Mastery website.
- An extra participant is selected by the community: the entry with most likes by January 7th, 2015, 2:00pm CET will be shortlisted automatically. If the participant with most likes already is on the shortlist, the participant with second most likes from the community is selected as extra participant and so on.
- These 21 shortlisted entries will then be evaluated by a jury consisting of:
- Jono McNeal – ACM Vocal Coach
- Erika Footman – ACM Vocal Coach
- Konrad Birnbauer –Scout at Universal Music
- The jury will select five winners. The jury’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners of the prizes agree that Shure will forward their contact information to the jury members, Shure Distribution Centers, and to Shure Distribution BeNeLux, Shure Distribution Germany, Shure Distribution UK or any Shure distributor.
- 21 shortlisted entries win a Shure MOTIV MV51 microphone.
- 5 final winners (selected from shortlist) receive:
- 2-day trip to London, UK including a Master Class at ACM and a Studio recording at Metropolis Studio (dates: February 19th-20st, 2016)
- All expenses concerning flight and accommodation are covered by SHURE, no carriage of bulky goods like drum-sets, pianos or alike.
- Products worth 1.000 € (based on Recommended Retail Price) from selected Set as stated at Vocal Mastery web site.
- All dates might change in the course of the campaign.
We are deeply committed to protecting personal data of our visitors and treating it confidentially. We are therefore explaining below what information we collect and how we handle it.
Type of collected information
This web site uses Google Analytics, which is a web analysing service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, which are text files that are stored on your computer and allow an analysis of how you use the web site. The information created by the cookie about how you use this web site is usually transmitted to and stored on a Google server located in the U.S.
If, however, IP anonymisation is activated on this web page, your IP address will first be truncated by Google within the area of Member States of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to and truncated on a Google server in the U.S.
IP anonymisation is active on this web site. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this web site to evaluate the usage of the web site by you, to compile reports on web site activities and to provide further services associated with the usage of the web site and of the Internet to the web site operator.
The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of the Google Analytics service will not be linked to other data held by Google. You can prevent cookies from being stored by choosing a specific setting on your browser software; please note, however, that in such a case you will possibly not be able to benefit from the full functionality of this web site.
In addition, you can prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to the usage of the web site (including your IP address) by Google and the processing of such data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in which is available at: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
If you send e-mail messages to us or request information material from other bodies, please enter your name, address and e-mail address and provide some more details. This data will be stored and be used exclusively by Shure Europe GmbH. Please note that not all details are mandatory, so you are more or less free to choose what information you entrust to us. The mandatory details are needed by us to provide the services you request us to perform. You may, of course, visit us anonymously or under a pseudonym. All data will be stored and processed separately and will never be linked. Shure Europe GmbH does not establish user profiles.
Duration of storage and deletion
Personal data will be stored for a maximum of 6 months or until the service requested by you was performed. Contact data which you transmitted to us for subscribing newsletters are excluded. Such data will remain stored until you unsubscribe the newsletter. You may, of course, decide at any time to require that all or parts of your data be deleted. We will abide by such a request without delay.
Transfer to third parties
Shure Europe GmbH will not transfer collected data to third parties, especially it will not be sold, hired out or exchanged. We will transfer such data to the required extent only if we use subcontractors or agents who need that data for providing the services requested by you. In this case, we will place an obligation on our partners to treat data confidentially under the law and to delete it as soon as it is no longer needed. We hope you will understand, however, that we cannot monitor compliance with this obligation in every respect and deny liability for any breach thereof.
Social plug-ins of various social Internet networks are integrated on our web pages (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube or Pinterest). They allow you to place bookmarks on those pages and to share the bookmarks with other members of the social Internet networks. You can recognise social plug-ins by the logos that can be seen on the web pages of the social Internet networks
When you call up a page of our web site that contains these social plug-ins, a direct link to the servers of the social Internet networks will be established. They will transmit the image of the plug-in visible to you and the associated functions directly to your browser, which integrates them into the display of our web page. If you are logged in to the social Internet network with your user name and password at that moment, the information that you are visiting our page will be transmitted to that network where it can be allocated to your user account.
When you interact with the social plug-ins, i.e. share one of our pages or use the Facebook “Like” or “Share” function, the Pinterest “Pin-it” function or the Twitter “Tweet this” function, for instance, the contents of our pages will be linked to your profile on the social Internet network. If you are not a member of the social Internet networks or have logged out from providers before you visit our shop, it will nevertheless be possible that at least your IP address is transmitted and stored there.
The functions of the SoundCloud service are integrated on our pages. As you use SoundCloud functions, e.g. playing music and leaving comments, data including that associated with a SoundCloud account, if any, will be transmitted to SoundCloud. Please note that as the provider of the pages we do not receive knowledge of the content of the transmitted data nor of the usage thereof by SoundCloud.
Please note that other data privacy guidelines and liability regulations apply to such linked third-party web pages. Storage and usage of data by the page operator which arises as such linked pages are used may exceed the scope of the present data privacy statement. Further processing on connected social Internet networks, duration of storage as well as the intended use are exclusively defined by those providers. For details of the social plug-ins used and data privacy information of those providers please follow the links below.
|Social plug-in||Operator of the social Internet network||Data privacy statement of the
social Internet network
|Facebook Like / Share Button||Facebook, Inc.,
1601 South California AvenuePalo Alto,
CA 94304, USA
|Twitter Tweet This Button||Twitter, Inc.,
795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco,
CA 94107, USA
|Pin-It Button||Pinterest Inc., 635 High Street, Palo Alto,
CA, 94301, USA
|Google+ Button||Google Inc., Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA||http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/|
|Youtube Button||Google Inc., Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA||http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/|
|Addthis Button||AddThis LLC
1595 Spring Hill Rd
Vienna, VA 22182, USA
|SoundCloud||SoundCloud Ltd., Companies House, Crown May, Maindy, Cardiff CF14 3UZ, United Kingdom||http://soundcloud.com/pages/privacy|
Responsibility for the content of external links (to web pages of third parties) lies solely with the operators of the linked pages. No violations were evident to us at the time of linking. Should any legal infringement become known to us, we will remove the respective link immediately.
The contents of our pages have been created with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the contents’ accuracy, completeness or topicality. According to statutory provisions, we are furthermore responsible for our own content on these web pages. In this context, please note that we are accordingly not obliged to monitor merely the transmitted or saved information of third parties, or investigate circumstances pointing to illegal activity. Our obligations to remove or block the use of information under generally applicable laws remain unaffected by this as per §§ 8 to 10 of the Telemedia Act (TMG).